The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am no HIV +

Dec 19, 2013

I am 29 years old Indian boy.I live in dubai.At 20th Sept 2012 I got for a sex relation with a sex worker.I used the condom but there were some scratches at the under part of peni.After 6months of this meeting I suffer from the flu when I got the medicines of the flu it recovered but the headache in the back starts and also suffer from dirrea.then I went for the test which was negative but the problems of headache remain continue ,I went to India and May 2013 get elsa test but all were negative , Aug 2013 I get the card test which also negative when go back to Dubai I suffer again from dirrea and fever is coming after some time.Now ELISA TEST RESULTS (done on 7th november 2013) HIV (1&2) RESULT OD: 0.85 can u tell me whats d meaning of 0.85, please tell but should I do to confirm that I am no HIV +.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there The numbers you are inquiring about are called index values. These numbers vary from person to person, even within that person depending on a variety of individual and testing factors. What matters when considering index values is if it is less than the cut off value. If the index value is less than the cut off value, there is no infection. In this case, the .85 was still in the range of values assigned to a negative test result. At a higher number, the result would then be read as positive. Take care LHW

False positive or sroconverting?
Vaginal fluids touch the head of pennis

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint