Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

False positive or sroconverting?
Dec 19, 2013

Hello

After my " no-low risk exposure" (oral and protected sex although I got chlamydia). A long time in the hell believing that I had infected to my wife and child (because they have had several and recurrent infections from then. After 20 hiv rapid tests, 4th gen, and viral loads, all negative after 12 months.... I have made a new mistake (beacuse a I am in a bad cold process) yesterday: i bough a rapid hiv tests (icare hiv by jal inno.) and it turned positive after 45 minutes. Previously I had 20 rapid tests (same trademark) and neved happened that.

In panic, I went to a lab and the 4th gen was negative (architect Abbott). Today I have had a insti rapid test and negative again.

Do you think that I am seroconverting? bad luck?

Please excuse my questions buit I need your opinión.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No I don't think you are seroconverting. i think there was an error in the test that you took that showed a positive result (perhaps you waited too long to read it). I think you are negative and would stop testing unless you engage in other risks. take care, LHW

Previous
hiv inquiry
Next
I am no HIV +

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.