hiv inquiry

Hello Dr.Good day!Hope you can help me.I had a protected sex on a sex worker just last october 2013.I ask her if she was free from any sexual diseases and she insisted to answer me yes.She even gave me an oral with condom and I asked why?She answered to protect her from diseases.So we had a vaginal sex for more or less 10mins and it was protected.No anal.But the problem is I gave her a stupid unprotected oral on her boobs and vagina.Now I like to know if what is the chances of getting a hiv infection from that.It was a one time 10minutes stupid sex from a sex worker.After 3 days realizing what I have done I was always concerned abt it.Causing me a bit of depression maybe and anxiety so to speak.Spend most of my free time looking for the symptoms.I was diagnose with a fatty liver also a couple of months ago.Please give me an advice.Thank you

Hi I'm happy to hear that you asked about protection and she insisted on it. To prevent something transmitting between you and she! She doesn't know what your status is either.

With that, The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these. And you wore protection during intercourse. With both of those situations your risk of HIV transmission is incredibly low. What you do have to keep in mind is that there are other sexually transmitted infections are possible. Your risk for these was also low but higher than HIV transmission. When you have sex with multiple partners or with someone who has multiple partners your risk of transmission for all of the STI's out there increases.

Sweat and cut
False positive or sroconverting?