I didn't know my condom broke till I finished

Hi Shannon, I met a sex worker and she gave me a hand-job. She applied some lubricant on my penis before doing so. later we proceeded to have protected sex for about 2 mins maximum but the condom broke and I didn't know till I was bored and I pulled out without ejaculating. I didn't enjoy the sex because my penis kept pulling out From her behind. We did a doggie style sex.so her very big butts didn't let me have a deep penetration. I barely penetrated her . Now, my fear is this, could I have contacted HIV(assuming she is positive) since the condom broke? Scared guy.

Hi I'm sorry you are experiencing this. First, HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Second, because the condom broke you did increase the risk of HIV transmission as well as other sexually transmitted infections. Deep penetration doesn't increase the risk. My recommendation for you is to receive a full sexually transmitted screening which should include HIV. HIV testing guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results are considered conclusive. Your risk is low but there is a risk and you need to receive testing to know for sure.

Risk through navel?
Worried mom