Risk through navel?

My son went to the doctor and the doctor had a cut on top his hand looked like it could be bleeding but a small amount. My son has a stomach tumor he was trying to push on top of belly button to feel. My question is if blood got through belly button and my son grabed his hand off were he has a cut. Would my son be at risk if blood went through his belly botton or his blood got in my sons cut or exema on my sons hand would this be a risk for hiv? My sons hand and belly botton were not bleeding just open. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Your son is fine from this experience. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Your belly button is not a direct way into your body and there cannot be the exchange of body fluid in this manner.

Concerned and confused
I didn't know my condom broke till I finished