Hiv transmission

I was in a first aid course doing cpr on a dummy. I had wiped its face with antibacterial wipes. But when I took a deep breathe I saw that there was blood on its cheek from the woman who took her turn before me. When I had finished the blood was gone. If the blood had gotten into my mouth could I be at risk of HIV? Thank

Hi Oral HIV transmission carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. You cannot get HIV from kissing, oral sex, sharing utensils etc. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

The risk of transmission from your experience is extremely low to no risk at all.

is it possible
Dear Shannon