he bit my lip while kissing.. hiv? :L

2 years ago I kissed this guy that I was later told was most likely HIV positive. While kissing me he had bit my lip and although since then I have kissed other people, I have had swollen lymph nodes and am beginning to wonder whether or not I may have gotten HIV from this guy. I was only 15 at the time, this man was 21. I didnt know much about stds and Ive been too afraid to tell my parents about it therefore I haven't been tested yet and am still working up the courage to do so. is there a high chance that I have HIV? or is there anything else I should be worried about?

Hi You are fine! You cannot get HIV from kissing. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Lymph nodes can swell for many different reasons. They are crucial part of your immune system and the flu, colds, ear infections etc can cause the nodes to swell.

From what you have told me you have not put yourself at risk for HIV.

Wierd question
follow up question after 3 months