Wierd question

My son said at art class his teacher has been really upset lately for him goofing off in class lately. He finished up his art project and she made him clean this huge cookie like sheet but deeper pan filled with yellow paint out with a sponge and water at the sink my son said he put his hands all in it and then wiped out with the sponge. Long store short he said that there was a lot of red mixed in it I said It was probably red paint. I asked my son if his class used the paint he said no he didn't know were it came from and said she has never made anyone clean out anything before I find the whole thing odd and they never have used that large of amount of paint before. My question is what if that was blood mixed in and got all over his hand he has non bleeding exema and one small scabbed sore his teacher is hiv positive I have mutual person who knows her. He washed his hands 30 minutes after but only the bottoms then came home 2 hours later and washed the bottoms. Is this a huge risk for hiv if it was blood? Thanks for your time. What would you suggest I do testing? Or Is this kinda a crazy scenario?

Hi Your son is fine! Even if there were blood present once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Exposed to blood drops -- Goud
he bit my lip while kissing.. hiv? :L