Exposed to blood drops -- Goud

Hi Southall

My friend had a cut on him finger. While playing it started to bleed blood and at that moment i didn't think much but tried to help him by cleaning the blood drops that are dropped on the floor with paper (it was only 1 or 2 seconds of time after blood dropped on floor and i started to clean).I later realized that there was a healing cut under my thumb nail.Not sure if blood touched my thumb with cut under the nail. How ever after 2 days i took him to a lab got tested with Rapid Antibody test which was -Ve. He told me that he had protected sex 3years back and not got in contact with any possible exposure to HIV virus.My doctor told that HIV virus after coming out of body will die in micro seconds of time.

1)Is this correct that HIV virus will die in micro seconds of time once its out of body. 2)Should i get tested now and again after 3 months. 3)My family is forcing me to get married, should i wait till three months or can i get married. 4)Do you think should i start PEP.

Hi Your risk of HIV transmission is no risk! HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Yes HIV does die once it leaves the body and becomes unable to infect. There is no reason to start PEP as your activity did not pose a risk for HIV transmission.

asking again about risk of transmission
Wierd question