Hiv survival part 2

Hi ms southall , you explained that there would have to be a significant amount of blood on the earring for there to be an infection , you see the thing was my peircing was not healed ,and then I bought the earring , but no blood was visible on it . I then rinsed it 10 mins later and put it in , is it possible that microscopic blood was still on it containing the virus , or am I just being paranoid ?

HI I understood your question and again the answer is no! There is no risk of HIV transmission from your earring situation. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

3rd question Sir
still scared