3rd question Sir

Hello ,Dear Dr. now i am so scared for a condition. i last one week, i injected benzyl penicillin (1ml) to a retro positive mother's child(1month old) through the cannula. but cannula is go out and the drug through the cannula is splash to my foot which has old scratch. i didnt use water and soap . but i juz clean with disinfection pad . no visible blood .i took no pep. now i am so worried for about it.the scratch mark under the style pen is present and i didnt notice it to clean. please tell me disinfection pad cleaning is can prevent the transmission and under the style pen the scratch mark if the drug through the cannula should be worried. i didnt know it is spread or noy. and rapid strip test based on antibody can be used? when must i recheck . at 90 day? Thank you very much! Thank you for ur response! or i will be in the closed mind with stress.

Hi I'm sorry you have had to experience this. I can tell you the risk of HIV transmission in your experience is incredibly low to no risk. First just because the mom is positive does not mean the child is. If the mom was medication during her pregnancy the risk of her child being positive is less than 1%. With the splash on your foot with an old cut also carries an incredibly low risk of HIV transmission. The cut on your foot would have to be fresh and open and there would need to be a significant amount of blood as well in the splash for there to increase the risk and that increase would be again incredibly low. There are no reasons for you to take Pep. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Breathe easy and again there is no risk for HIV transmission in your experience.

Should i be worried?
Hiv survival part 2