HIV Transmission- Possible Worry

Whilst in a club this weekend, I felt a sharp pain in my foot whilst walking across the dance floor. My first thought is that I'd stepped on a used syringe from someone in the club. I was unable to see as it was dark in the club. I checked my foot in the toilet, didn't notice blood or puncture mark. What's the likelihood the needle pierced through my shoe and sock to puncture my skin? Would transmission be possible? Very worried! Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there The likelihood of that is very very low. And given the fact that you saw no puncture mark or blood, whatever you stepped on did not in fact get in. Take care and perhaps consider hanging out in clubs where you don't expect to step on dirty syringes. LHW

HIV non reactive
CAN YOU CLARIFY ME PLEASE