VIRAL LOAD

What makes voral load to be enough for infection and viral not enough for infection? I hear about low viral load can reduce high risk of infection. So how much viral load is high/low to cause or not to cause infection? Am woried as i was exposed to HIV and when i sought for PEP the GP told me that the risk was low beacuse of the duration of contact (10-30 seconds)and the lady's viral load was low.The PEP was not prescribed for me. So now am experiencing, swollen lymph nodes, tonsils, sinus, tingling and numbness of feet and sometimes hands. Are these the signs and proof of HIV/AIDS. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there People with undetectable viral load in the blood have a much lower chance of transmitting HIV to others. Much of these data come from hat a study on HIV transmission between heterosexual couples where one person had HIV and the other didn't. Is it totally impossible for such people to transmit the virus? Probably not and some of this may have to do with breaks in HIV therapy and possibly transient increases in the amount of shed virus, like during another sexually transmitted infection (this is theoretical). There is no "magic" number that I can give but would say that undetectable (meaning as low as possible) is the goal. Hope that helps. Take care, LHW

obama policies affect on AIDS rate in USA
HIV non reactive