Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need some guides, please hlep
Dec 10, 2013

8/28/2013 I had a sex with a sex worker and we did not kiss or touch, she licked my nipples with her tongue and touch my penis. then we had a vagina sex with condom, condom did not fall off, but I did not sure it was broken or not, but when I took off condom with napkin, it still had semen in it. when I washed my body after that, I found there was a little wound (close to 1/8 inch) in the head of prepuce. It was not new but I was worried about during the sex, does it broke again or not. because it was prepuce,so I did not found blood. and there was a ringworm on my penis too, it did not broke, maybe a little inflammation. After that, I had sex with my girlfriend, on the 8/31/2013, which was 4 days after expose, I wear condom too .I think her status was fine. Then I had some tests which based on the 28th's expose. 3 weeks RNA Nonreactive 4 weeks Antibody Negative 5 weeks DNA PCR (report said was not confirmed by the FDA) Nonreactive 5 weeks P24 ag/ab Nonreactive 8 weeks P24 ag/ab Nonreactive

So I have some questions here, please help me to finger them out: 1. She licked my nipples with her tongue. and hand touch my penis. Will I infect in these ways?? 2. Does my wound and ringworm will cause the infection?? 3.I count the window period since 8/28, am I right? or I need to count from 8/31?? 4.Do I need further test? like 3 months? or 6 months will be the definite conclusion??

Response from Dr. Wohl

You are not infected. Your exposure was non-existant and your testing is conclusive. No further need to test for HIV for any reason.

DW

Previous
Does viread for hep b affect hiv antibody testing
Next
Women receiving oral-risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.