Does viread for hep b affect hiv antibody testing
Dec 10, 2013
Is a 3 month hiv antibody test conclusive ( after possible risk) whilst on viread for hep b ( over 2 yrs )
Response from Dr. Wohl
If you were infected with HIV despite being on Viread (which is highly unlikely) your HIV antibody test would be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- How Long Does It Take To Die From Hiv Untreated?
- Is It Possible To Have Hiv And Herpes At The Same Time?
- Can You Get Hbv Or Hiv From Puncture Wounds Or Broken Skin?
- Normal Cd4 Count
- What Happens If Hepatitis B Is Left Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.