Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

am i infected
Dec 10, 2013

I am not that kind of guy but on a business trip my collegues insisted me to have sex wit a sex worker. Actually i was drunk. I used condom and had oral an vaginal sex with condom. After intercourse i found out pimples and pimle like objects at my genital area. İ was scared and swap that area with an antiseptics (i.e. povidine/iodine baticon). I also found that area we are on business trip has %2 of HIV transmission. Population was 1 000 000. 3 days later same scenario happened again. Again used antiseptics.İ am so sorry and feel guilty and scared by the time being. I can not sleep and i cant tell such thing to my wife if anything occurs. Is it possible that i got HIV and any oyher STD's such as HPV? Is that antiseptics usage increased the risk? Please help me. thank you in advance

Response from Dr. Wohl

Since you used a condom, you are not at risk for HIV. If you have any genital lesions you should be seen at an STD clinic as soon as possible.

DW

Previous
Please answer question re Lymph nodes
Next
highly scared. Your answer can save me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.