|Please answer question re Lymph nodes
Dec 10, 2013
Can HIV be in my Lymph nodes only? I tested Negative DNA PRR Test and Negative Antibody blood test as well as Negative Ora Quick at 4 months. Having problems with Lymph node and Sore throat. I keep reading that only 2% of HIV is in the blood. Does this mean I can be HIV positive just in Lymph nodes?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Hiv circulates widely and no matter where it is the body makes antibodies to the virus and these are very much in the blood. Therefore, your negative antibody test plus the absence of any trace of HIV in your blood means you are not infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.