|what is th meaning of 0.85 reading in elisa test?
Dec 9, 2013
(1) HbsAg anit hcv/ anit hiv (done 15th may 2013) non reactive (2) ELISA TEST RESULTS (done on 7th november 2013) HIV (1&2) RESULT OD: 0.85 can u tell me whats d meaning of 0.85 ??/ - plz ans.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. HIV test results run on a range. The ranges can vary depending on the type of test. In this case, the .85 was still in the range of values assigned to a negative test result. At a higher number, the result would then be read as positive.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- What Percentage Of People Die From Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Vinegar And Hpv Warts
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used On Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.