Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Huge Thankyou!!
Dec 9, 2013

Dear Doctor, On behalf of my own situation and countless others id like to offer you a huge thankyou for the reassurance you gave me for my very low risk exposure late August, you told me only to take a one month hiv test but i also took a 3month post exposure test for the HIV 1 and 2 Antibody as well as the P24 Antigen which were all NOT DETECTED, as they were in the first 30 day blood test.This is exactly what you predicted, a low risk situation didnt justify a 3month post exposure follow up test to confirm HIV Negative statusie HIV Antibodys not being present.Im sure this is similairly experienced by many who convince themselves they have become infected eg by sharing toothbrushes with an infected person etc that they have ignored the fact that the risks are extremely low and unfortunately since a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and were bombarded with news scares we tend to form our own conclusions, i read today on fox news an article on a recombinant of HIV That leads to very rapid infection and conversion to AIDS that has been identified in West Africa and was quite disturbing to read , but again anyone readinf the article must remember that even if a more agressive HIV Strain is dicscovered(possibly a combination of HIV 1 and 2) we need to remember that the transmission methods of the new virus outside and inside the body remain the same and the detection methods remain the same as otherwise the Virus will be spread far more easily and quickly but i hope that this is not the case as im sure such an article will serve no useful purpose other than to spread further panic amongst those who are at greatest risk.Again, such people, myself included, should only listen to your advice and remember that some of these articles in the papers are prepared by people who have very little knowledge of HIV.Once again, Thanks for your education and reassurance and i would be happy to make a contribution towards this organisation for all its good work to troubled minds over christmas. Best Wishes david

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi David,

Thank you for writing in. We are glad to be a resource for you and countless others. Knowledge is power.

Share this site with your friends! Together, we can help educate our communities and work towards a better tomorrow.

In health,

Richard

Previous
am I hiv positive?
Next
ORAL SEX

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.