Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will I get HIV? Pls help!
Dec 9, 2013

I had sex with a prostitute around 4-5 months ago. (I had no symptoms of HIV till now, except some flu which I usually have due to cold) During the sexual intercourse, my condom tend to slip halfway down my penis. At first I didn't realize it, hence I continued thrusting. Till when I realize it, the base of my penis was already in contact with her viginal liquid. I quickly pulled the condom back till the base of my penis. By doing this, the viginal liquid entered the inside of the condom. MY QUESTION HERE NOW IS, is it possible for the viginal liquid inside the condom to sip down to the peehole of my penis and enter the urethra, allowing me to get infected with HIV? (Let's say if the prostitute has HIV) Yes or No, please explain in detail why, as I'm really very worried. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside of the human body. Any virus that was present inside the condom would have started to degrade from the friction of intercourse. Even if there was virus present and it made its way into your urethra, it would be unable to infect you.

Bottom line: You were not at risk in this situation.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Unprotected oral sex
Next
am I hiv positive?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.