CAN YOU CLARIFY ME PLEASE

On the 27 of August i had an accident while having sex with an HIV positive lady. Her viral load was less than 120 coppies. The condom slipped off completly and i had a contact with her roughly for 10 seconds before i withdrew and washed my penis with water. I did use pep for 28 days. Now am scared to take a test. What is the level of my risk in this situation? Your opinion please

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. HIV transmission was unlikely in this situation. You were the insertive partner, the amount of time you were unprotected was brief and you used PEP. Even without the PEP, transmission would be highly unlikely.

Bottom line: Get tested.

In health,

Richard

Possible contraction
condom and anal