Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Help me Shannon I beg You
Dec 5, 2013

Hi Shannon, Your doing a great job and i have gone through the forum it is nice that you are helping so many people out there. Please help me to clarify my risk. I had safe sex with condom with a sex worker on 22nd September 2013 and safe blow job with condom with another sex worker with. But my concern is i sucked their boobs and there was no milk coming and also just touched their pussy outside with my fingers, and i also did not have any cuts or wounds on my fingers. please let me know whether i am at any risk.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Thank you for your comments. As for your question. You did everything correctly in protecting yourself. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. Transmission through breast fluid is mainly mother to child through breast feeding and since you had no cuts or sores on your hand the risk of transmission is highly unlikely.

So your overall risk of HIV transmission in incredibly low. Also though remember that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection to be aware of. If you develop any symptoms I would recommend following up with a health care provider for evaluation, but again your overall risk for HIV is highly unlikely!

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
condom withdrawal - risks
Next
My fright

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.