The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my risk

Nov 24, 2013

hello docs. two weeks ago i had a nightstay with my girlfriend, we are in 6 mnths old relation, that night,we hugged, i kissed her neck, no smooch we slept together,at night i touched her jeans, she was all wet,her lovejuuices were oozing through her panty and jeans, i rubbed her clitoris over her wet jeans after say 10 mins i masturbated and touched my penis,with the same hand. Now after 2 weeks ,i am having sore throat ,cough n cold .my occipital lymph nodes are swelled. am i positive? i am planning to get a dna pcr test,what is the time period for the same

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi All that you have done does not put you at risk for HIV transmission. HIV can not be transmitted through clothing. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend you following up with your health care provider for evaluation but it is not HIV. You could have a cold, flu etc.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

hiv test
Hiv survival

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint