my risk

hello docs. two weeks ago i had a nightstay with my girlfriend, we are in 6 mnths old relation, that night,we hugged, i kissed her neck, no smooch we slept together,at night i touched her jeans, she was all wet,her lovejuuices were oozing through her panty and jeans, i rubbed her clitoris over her wet jeans after say 10 mins i masturbated and touched my penis,with the same hand. Now after 2 weeks ,i am having sore throat ,cough n cold .my occipital lymph nodes are swelled. am i positive? i am planning to get a dna pcr test,what is the time period for the same

Hi All that you have done does not put you at risk for HIV transmission. HIV can not be transmitted through clothing. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend you following up with your health care provider for evaluation but it is not HIV. You could have a cold, flu etc.

hiv test
Hiv survival