Getting Chlamydia from something other than sex

Hi, I was just diagnosed with Chlamydia today. My boyfriend and I have been together since July of last year and have been sexually active since then. September of last year I went to the gynecologist to get birth control and tested negatively for all STDs. In the past 16 months the both of us have been monogamous and I am 100% confident that neither him or I were unfaithful. I don't understand how I contracted Chlamydia between September and now. If he had had it all along it would have shown up in my first appointment. Should I get a second test to be sure? This has been an extremely emotional situation for me and I appreciate any answer possible, thank you!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sometimes it can be a little hard to sort these kind of situations out. But let me give you some things to consider:

When you got tested last September for "all STDs" are you sure that you were tested for Chlamydia? "All STDs" can be different combinations of testings.

It's possible (even though unlikely) that your positive Chlamydia test was a false positive.

It's possible (though I'm sorry to say) that your boyfriend became infected with Chlamydia between September and now.

Other than those scenarios, I really can't see how this is situation happened.

Hope this helps! Feel free to send more questions if need be,

Erik

Kiss
ERIC PLEASE, SECOND TIME ASKING