Barebacking

I barebacked a guy yesterday and I kinda regret it. I got scared that I might have caught something. I am very paranoid. I was the top. He says he was clean and gets tested and his last test in Sept 2013 came out clean. I just am still worried. What should I do? Should I get tested? Plz help me... (I am gay and nvr had sex before) This is the first time I topped or did anything. He also sucked me too.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It's very important, when having anal sex, to always use condoms (keep yourself protected!).

That being said, what's done is done. Unprotected anal sex is considered high risk for HIV, though being a top means you are on the lower side of that high risk (hope that makes sense).

You can still take steps to ensure your health. You did one great thing already which is having a talk with your sex partner about status/testing.

Another very important step is getting tested for HIV/STDs 3 months after the sex you had.

Additionally, make sure to get hooked up with resources in the community (or even online) that'll educate you more on safe sex.

Check out the archives on our website to start you off.

Hope this helps,

Erik

P.S. Anymore questions? Please ask!

Genuine thanks and more questions!
please please please help Eric!! i'm very worried and no where to ask :(