Risk of Hep C from beer can

Erik- I'm worried about a possible hep c transmission. I read some of your earlier posts and found some comfort in the answers, but need your help. I accidentally drank out of another persons beer can about 5 minutes after they did. The person is known for using drugs a lot and I'm worried they may have hep c. I have very dry chapped lips and they are sore. when I came home that evening I looked in the mirror and noticed cracks and small splits. I bit a white tissue to see if there was any blood on the tissue from my lips and there was not. I' don't believe he had a cut on or in his mouth, but if he did am I still at risk? I have extremely high anxiety about this and want to know your thoughts. Also what if he had a cut in his mouth and back washed a small amount of blood into the beer I drank? Am I over thinking this ? Maybe but please let me know your thoughts. So worried.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

But there is no risk for Hepatitis C from what you're talking about. At all.

This is really a case of looking for risk where there is none. We could say "what about this" and "what about that" but in the end there is no evidence of risk staring us in the face.

You're missing blood in your friend's beer. Sure, there could've been a bit. But that's a far cry from a significant amount. It's not like you're drinking a beer can with blood smeared on the edge where it cut your blood and took the blood inside your cut (see, I made all of this information up!).

Hope this helps!

Erik

STIs
Cut to the wrist, Please read..