Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

baby risk hep c clarification is it totally dead
Nov 18, 2013

Hi shannon thank you for your reply. I just want to clarify a few things about the risk of hep c to my baby. Sorry for being a bit pedantic but I have ocd and it has been managed very well till this recent scare. Im just worried she may have put the blood on other items in my house so Ive been recleaning items that I think she may have transferred the blood and the recent fright has made my life a living hell just now because I don't know what is clean and unclean (unseen blood) From what you are saying even if she did transfer blood to other items that I'm not aware of and she touched these or someone else did would I be right in saying there is no risk of infection even if they had open wounds as the infection died month's ago. As I'm aware the virus can still be present even though blood can't be seen. Also I'm assuming the blood was originally dried into boot by the time baby got to it. If the blood was still wet would that make difference would hep c still be infectious Sorry straight to the point! The hep c is dead and gone even though their maybe traces of unseen blood. if for example my baby has a cut or nappy rash and I get some or a lot of unseen blood on my hands whilst treating her there would still be no risk of infection as the hep c was dead ages ago. It wouldn't matter the quantity of unseen blood would it as the hep c no longer infectious. It is dead and not dormant. Also like I mentioned earlier I don't know exact room temp. Even if it was out with room temperature would hep c manage to survive or would it die quicker how long would it remain infectious. I'm sorry for going on my ocd is really quite bad at the moment and having straight to the point facts/stats really help me break the cycle of OCD as I can remind myself of these facts. Also you didn't mention her risk of other sexually transmitted diseases is that because these other ones are only contractable through sexual intercourse/ close contact with the infected person. If you could give me answer to each question straight yes or no and to why that answer so I'm not having doubts feeding into my anxiety and can nip my fears in the bud. I am not doubting your ability to do your job in any way in fact this website is a blessing. Nice to have counselling from people who experienced fears and dealing with their own problems truly inspirational as it gives hope to others! Please respond as soon as practically possible as Im still having bad ocd, going round in circles cleaning and fear of any future exposure thanks again much appreciated.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Yes your child is fine. Everything that I have shared with you confirms this.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
protected oral and vaginal sex
Next
super scared nd need urgent answers pls

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.