one last reply

Hi There are few things to know in your situation. First, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. The next thing is about HIV transmission, this can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. The next thing is to ensure that she is in care and on treatment. We know that if someone has an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission decreases dramatically and then with the use of condoms you are ensuring that you will not get HIV. It is also more difficult for a woman to transmit the virus. It is possible but very rare through just vaginal sex. My husband is negative and we make sure that we protect him from transmission and he receives testing about every 6 months. Thank you for staying by her side and supporting her. Be well and stay safe, Shannon thanks for your response madam,,,do you think i can be still infected with even though i was using condom,,,,i was in 4 relatioship includeing my present partner but i can remember that i used use condom in all sex acts and follow the guideliness of waring and using condom and there was no breaking of condom in all my acts,,,do u think still there is a chance of me being infected as from my present partner,,because as i told before we had sex more than 200 times till now with condom.... pls requesting u to answer my question for my sake......waiting for your reply madam

HI My answer is the same. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. The next thing is about HIV transmission, this can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. The next thing is to ensure that she is in care and on treatment. We know that if someone has an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission decreases dramatically and then with the use of condoms you are ensuring that you will not get HIV.

Soulmate wants future with HIV positive woman
please help again Shannon!