is mixed feeding safe for an hiv positive newly mother to the child

Hi, I'm hiv positive and recently gave birth through c-section becouse my viral load is high bt my cd4 count is 768.after giving birth the doctor recomended that I must not breast feed, only bottle feeding and also gave me pills to 'dry out' the milk. My baby is now 3 weeks and she takes nevarapine every 12 hours and she has not being tested yet for hiv. My concern is 1 day while I was home with her she was crying and was also restless so knowing that I don't have any milk coming out I put my nipple close 2 her cheecks and she imedietly sucked for less dan 5 seconds then took it out and imedietly when it was out I squeezd my nipple just to check and milk came out, I squeezed the other one and milk also came out. Does that mean I've infected her since she did suck and does it mean the pills never worked on me since milk came out? Please do reply as I'm highly stressed out right now

Hi The risk of mother to child transmission is because of the high volume of breast milk that the child ingest. Your body is still adjusting to just giving birth and reacts to stimulus so when the child attached to you, your body responded. There are items available that let you bottle feed the simulate you breast feeding. The medications should work with keeping your child from becoming infected. Also getting your viral load down is important so that you can stay healthy and here for the long haul to raise that beautiful child. Make sure you take your medication and continue giving your child theirs. The risk of transmission for the few moments of breast feeding is extremely low.

body fluids
Soulmate wants future with HIV positive woman