body fluids

My girlfriend is hiv positive with a cd4 count of 768 and high viral load and we are expecting a baby. We always used condoms and I always checkd they never have burst and every time we have sex she would be so wet that her viginal fluids would be all over my pubic hair and also my penis. And also recently when we ad sex she end up bleeding. We are both worried now that mayb I am infected with hiv and I'm even sweating and get tired most times and chest pains. Can it be possible that I am now hiv positive since shez also positive and pregnant and also since her body fluids touched my skin?

Hi My reaction is towards your girlfriend, expecting a child she should be on medication and get that viral load to undetectable. We know that a positive woman giving birth to a child that has an undetectable viral load the child has a risk of less than 1% of having HIV. Not on medication and having a high viral load increases the risk to 25%. As for prevention between the two of you, we know that condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. The risk of transmission is low from women to men, and with the vaginal secretions that get on you can only increase the risk if you had sores or openings that would allow for a direct exchange of body fluid. It is not absorbed through the skin.

I would highly recommend your girlfriend getting in an HIV specialist and OBGYN specialist and get on medications to keep her healthy, your child healthy and you from the risk of transmission.

can i be infected
is mixed feeding safe for an hiv positive newly mother to the child