can i be infected

Hi i am 26year male and my partner is 32,,,we r in relationship from past 2 years but my patner was recently diagnosed with hiv, she is assuming that she was infected by her pervious husband. Can you tell me what r my chances of getting infected as we used to have sex many times more that 200 times but thank god i will and i was using condom in relationship always when i am relationship. Can this save me from being infected or are there any chances of me getting infected, because i am scared to give hiv test. Pls help me doctor,,i am looking for your feedback

Hi There are few things to know in your situation. First, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. The next thing is about HIV transmission, this can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

The next thing is to ensure that she is in care and on treatment. We know that if someone has an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission decreases dramatically and then with the use of condoms you are ensuring that you will not get HIV. It is also more difficult for a woman to transmit the virus. It is possible but very rare through just vaginal sex.

My husband is negative and we make sure that we protect him from transmission and he receives testing about every 6 months.

Thank you for staying by her side and supporting her.

im begging for your answer. 6th time posting it..please reply
body fluids