Anxiety

Hi i have HIV anxiety which i am currently looking to get help for. In the meantime can you help me alleviate some of my anxiety. I have the new vaseline spray and go cream which is pretty much cream in an aerosol can. I applied it on my hand with an actively bleeding hang nail. If there was any HIV fluid in the cream would it be able to infect through that cut? I'm assuming the can is air tight. Also the other day I was at a restaurant and I had chapped lips which may have been bleeding and I noticed some blood or red substance on my chicken. If this was HIV infected blood and it came into contact with my chapped possibly bleeding lip could I get infected? I feel these conditions are far fetched which is why I am seeking psychiatric help but I need to ask as im worried. Thanks.

Hi There is no way for HIV transmission to happen in the situation you have described. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV also begins to die once it is outside of the body and becomes unable to infect. So if there were in fact HIV in the can, it would have been dead within minutes after leaving the body.

92 days western blot test is conclusive or not..? Please
baby Risk of hep c? help