Is it dangerous when u receive oral?

Hello,Shannon!I love the job u are doing here.U put many minds to rest,hope u do the same with me. I dont want to seem uneducated about HIV because I read a lot but I get confused. I have been reading a lot about oral sex and HIV but still can't find a straight answer.Can u get HIV during oral? I am a woman and a year ago this guy with a HIV unknown status gave me oral for several minutes.There wasnt any blood involved or any biting.Just licking.Is it possible to catch something like that? I am talking about myself.Because I know that the givers have a bigger risk. I hope u find time and answer my question because I am worried a little bit here. :) Thanks.

Hi Thank you for your comments. We hope we are giving peace of mind and education to everyone. There is still a lot of confusion and stigma out there that we are hoping to alleviate. The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact.

Hope this helps, Be well and stay safe, Shannon

LAST QUESTION FOR SHANNON
transmission of hiv through sore throat?