LAST QUESTION FOR SHANNON

Hi Shannon. This is my last question for you, for peace of mind. So, i have done eclia ab/ag test for hiv, 5 years after my last risk. That test was done in my 9th month of pregnancy. After that i was done TOTAL immunoglobulin IGG test and result was 6,85 and low limit was 8. I read that pregnant woman can have lower total IGG immunoglobulin levels in 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Now i am asking: If my total IGG immunoglobulin is lower in pregnancy then usual, is my negative hiv test accurate and definitive (it is done 5 years after my last risk). Is there any chance that i will test positive in future, after pregnancy, when my total immunoglobulin IGG be eventually higher? Or this is it? Am i really negative? Thank you!

Hi Peace of mind granted! Having all of your test come back negative 5 years after your exposure shows that you are HIV free. The guidelines for testing are to be tested 90 days post exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results are conclusive. Having your results come back negative 5 years after exposure definitely guarantees you are HIV free from that exposure. The test is looking for your body making antibodies against HIV anyone who has been infected with HIV will develop those antibodies.

Enjoy your baby and peace of mind!

Really worried
Is it dangerous when u receive oral?