Really worried

This may seem odd but I was picking up my mail out of mailbox I had a lot four days worth. A man was outside where I was I really didn't think much of It until later that night I noticed a red needle like wound scabbed on my arm anyways I decided to go look at the sweatshirt I wore when getting the mail it had a small hole in the sweatshirt almost exactly where the scab was. Now I did notice that my sweatshirt had two other holes so It could just be a weird coincidence. But lets say this man poked me with a syringe with hiv would I have felt it? If I was poked what is my risk for hiv? Sorry for such a crazy question thanks for your advice.

Hi There is really no risk of HIV transmission in this situation. If he were to have poked you with a syringe that had HIV in it, not only would he have to have poked you but also pushed the syringe so that the fluid enter your system. Even in that aspect it would have to go directly into your blood stream. Just getting a scratch or poke from something doesn't pose a risk for HIV transmission. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

(pearly penile papules )could it raise the effection of hiv ?
LAST QUESTION FOR SHANNON