I am extremely worried. Please help!!

About a solid two weeks ago, i had an encounter with a man i don't know THAT WELL. We had drinks and we were having fun and one thing led to another. We ended up in my apartment. Started making out and such. I gave him oral. I have never "deep throated" a man before so this was very new for me. He also "dipped" the very tip of his penis into my anus. I cannot tell if there was pre cum or not.

Two days after the encounter, i got a sore throat, i felt feverish (checked my temperature, orally and rectally in different times, all normal) the sore throat went away by itself a day or two later. But now, i have been experiencing dry cough. Not terrible but coughing.

Notes: He did not ejaculate in my mouth nor my anus. We did not have anal sex except for that "dipping" part. I asked him countless times if he was tested and negative, he said yes, of course.

Should i be worried? Am i exposed?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Some STD's can be transmitted orally. Oral sex can facilitate transmission of Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis. Since the sore throat went away so quickly, it's unlikely that it was an STD. If you wanted to be screened for it you would need a throat swab. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are site specific. That means that they infect certain sites (rectum, vagina, throat) and must be tested for in any site where an infection is suspected vs Syphilis which can be detected via a blood test.

In regards to HIV, the likelihood of transmission was low since he was only inside of you for a brief moment.

You can test at 90 days to be certain though.

In health,

Richard

Hep c risk sharps container
shnnon pls help me....I'm scary..pls.