Please clarify 3rd request

Dear Dr.Glenn -

Your statement - to get HIV, body fluid needs to come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside the body of someone else.

I gave a hand job to a new boyfriend. That night I got home & realized that there was a relatively new scrape on my thumb (it wasn't bleeding, but newish). Not the hand that did the work, but the other hand that took the hand towel to the bathroom when I washed up. The hand towel had sperm & hand lotion on it (alcohol content in the lotion as well). I'm not even sure that it touched the scrape which is on the top side of my thumb. From what I read, I don't believe there is reason for concern, but I'm a bit nervous because I have a good friend just diagnosed w/Hep C (she has no idea how she got it) & I've become paranoid. I ALWAYS practice safe sex & this is one of the reasons I'm waiting w/my new boyfriend.

Thank you for your help.

Response from Mr. Glenn

A "new scrape" that's not bleeding definitely doesn't sound like a way for something to get into your body. It's not an opening with access to your bloodstream.

On top of that Hep C is only transmitted through blood, which wasn't present during the hand job.

No risk for HIV. No risk for Hep C

Hope this helps,

Erik

4th gen test after 2 weeks
Risk Shaking Hand