4th gen test after 2 weeks
Oct 31, 2013
Im recently going through what may be the acute viral phase, or at least I'm worried that's what it is. How accurate is the 4th gen test 24 hours before two weeks from a possible exposure? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there While your test might be positive at 2 weeks, accuracy is improved by 3-4 weeks. If symptomatic, I would also suggest getting a viral load test which may be positive a few days before the 4th generation test. If this test is negative I would repeat in another 2 weeks. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Without An Outbreak Can You Give Someone Genital Herpes
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.