Symptoms after PEP

Hi I had a condom break during sex about 6 weeks ago. I started PEP within 12 hours and a few days later we both tested HIV negative (though using the ELISA test). I continued PEP for a month. No real side effects except fatigue about 2 weeks after starting the treatment. I took all doses, although probably a few were an hour or two late. It's now about two weeks after finishing PEP and I have developed a rash behind my ears. It doesn't itch or hurt but feels a little raised to the touch. I also have a mild sore throat and one swollen lymph node behind my right ear. Could these be symptoms of sero conversion or am I likely worrying about nothing? I had the ELISA test again yesterday. It was still negative but I'm aware that it isn't the best test for early detection of HIV. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hi there- My guess is that your symptoms are not at all related to acute HIV. Typically the rash is more diffuse than localized to the ear and fever is common. I agree with retesting in a few weeks but my guess is that you will remain negative. Take care LHW

HIV SCARED
how to quantify exposure risk for a guy on PrEP?