Oct 31, 2013
Hi Dr am on pep it's now a week is ok for me to stop pep medication if I test hiv negative?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, to be most effective PEP must be continued for a full 28 day course regardless of whether you test negative at week one. IF you test positive, you would need to stop PEP and discuss other treatment options with an HIV provider. Take care LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.