Urgent please

I have a brother which I don't knw if he has been infected with HIV or he has a sickle cell cause we are orphans bt I could remember that he had a problem walking when he was born and we had to take him to an orthopaedic hospital for treatment and then he later started having this boils all over his body just like chicken pox before my mum died and so since then he has always been ill(coughing,chest pain) and I took him to a clinic and they did HIV test for him and the doctor said he is positive bt I later carry him to another hospital which their result was that he has sickle cell disease...my question now is that,is it possible for him not to have HIV

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I'm sorry to hear about your brothers illness but it is impossible for me to tell you what is ailing him over the internet. It would be optimal if you could find a doctor/clinic to take him to that would provide both you and he with the answers you are seeking and then offer any treatments that might make him feel better. Sorry to not be able to offer any additional help but some questions cannot be addressed online. Take care, LHW

can i contract any STD having sex with a sex worker,
Host friendly environment for hiv virus