Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Urgent please
Oct 31, 2013

I have a brother which I don't knw if he has been infected with HIV or he has a sickle cell cause we are orphans bt I could remember that he had a problem walking when he was born and we had to take him to an orthopaedic hospital for treatment and then he later started having this boils all over his body just like chicken pox before my mum died and so since then he has always been ill(coughing,chest pain) and I took him to a clinic and they did HIV test for him and the doctor said he is positive bt I later carry him to another hospital which their result was that he has sickle cell disease...my question now is that,is it possible for him not to have HIV

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I'm sorry to hear about your brothers illness but it is impossible for me to tell you what is ailing him over the internet. It would be optimal if you could find a doctor/clinic to take him to that would provide both you and he with the answers you are seeking and then offer any treatments that might make him feel better. Sorry to not be able to offer any additional help but some questions cannot be addressed online. Take care, LHW

Previous
can i contract any STD having sex with a sex worker,
Next
Host friendly environment for hiv virus

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.