KS?

Hello Dr. Hightow-Weidman, You recently answered a question of mine regarding what I was worried were KS lesions. To sum it up I woke up with what I thought were bug bites that were red bump/welt like the first two days, the swelling and redness went away but the spots darkened and remained after 3 weeks. Your response was that you doubted they were KS by my descritption but I should see a Dermatologist. I am HIV negative in a long term monogamous relationship in which we have both tested negative together. I took your advice and went to see a dermatologist, she looked at the spots and said I had nothing to worry about they were just "stains" left by my reaction to the bites. I never told her I feared they were KS and the question of my sexuality never arose, so my question is does that change her diagnosis of the spots? If I told her that I was homosexual or that I was worried they were KS would she have looked at them differently? Or as a Dermatologist if they were KS would she have known that it was something more serious than just dark spots from bug bites? Sorry for the long question, I really appreciate your time, i just want to put all this behind me and stop worrying. Thank you very much DR.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, the diagnosis would not have changed whether or not the dermatologist knew any more information or not. Also, given that you are HIV negative, KS is even more unlikely so I would not worry. Take care

LHW

DR LISA PLEASE CLARIFY
Threesome with strippers