The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pubic lice issues

Oct 31, 2013

Dear Doc,

Is it possible to get pubic lice if i was dry humping with a hooker in a night club with both underwear and trousers on? I remember the rubbing was quite intensive and I have got genital moisture (pre-cum) in my boxers. The hooker was wearing a dress and underwear. My pubic hair area and surface of the testicles are sometimes itchy and tiny tingling. It is been 5 days and the itching and tingling is not significant just gentle itches and tingling that come and go on a regular basis.

Many thanks and donations will be made!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hi there While pubic lice are very easily spread during sex, sometimes they are spread through other kinds of close physical contact. Very rarely, they are spread from contact with infected bedding, clothing, upholstered furniture, and toilet seats.

People do not usually get any symptoms until having pubic lice for about five days. Some people never get symptoms. When symptoms do appear, they may include: intense itching in the genitals or anus, mild fever, feeling run-down, irritability or the presence of lice or small egg sacs, which are called nits, in pubic hair.

There are over the counter treatments you can try if your symptoms persist or you see the lice or nits. You could also see a health care provider for more information. Take care LHW

Guy Ejaculated in my pants sort of near my vagina
Fear of being infected with HIV :(

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint