I got a piece of metal stuck in my foot?

Two nights ago, I was walking with only socks on in the living room of my uncle's house & I stepped on a tiny piece of metal that got stuck inside my skin. I went to my local urgent care clinic & the doctor removed a small piece of metal from my foot & gave me a tetanus shot, but I'm concerned about HIV transmission because my uncle & his lover have unprotected sex with other men, one of whom IS defeinitely HIV+. My uncle & his lover often cut themselves while stripping down lots of metal, copper & aluminum objects to sale for scraps & I'm concerned because if this was a piece of metal they cut themselves on & it still had blood on it, could it possibly have infected me? All I saw was a black dot on the bottom of my foot, no blood, but it had to stick in there in order to have been literally stuck in my skin.

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk from what you're talking about. Dry blood can't transmit HIV.

I'm not sure if you're nervous about HIV because there are HIV positive people around..

But you need to keep in mind that HIV is relatively not that easy to get. It only happens in certain ways, such as unprotected sex or sharing drug needles with someone.

Hope this helps,

Erik

SYMPTOMS OF HIV
Is it possible