unknowingly,i had sex w/hiv + girl

1 week after having unprotected sex, both oralon her,and vaginal sex,my acquaintance visits me to say she is hiv positive but just contracted in the last year,and says levels are now undetectable,and she is not contagious.can this be accurate?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there While people with undetectable viral loads in the blood have a much lower chance of transmitting HIV to others, it is not totally impossible for such people to transmit the virus. Some of this may have to do with breaks in HIV therapy and possibly transient increases in the amount of shed virus, like during another sexually transmitted infection. Given that you cannot be sure of the woman's viral load, I would certainly recommend that you test for HIV. In the future, condoms are a great way to protect yourself and avoid similar situations. take care. LHW

Is PEP Effective If You Have A Cold
one last question