Oct 30, 2013
Hi Dr am on pep it's now a week is ok for me to stop pep medication if I test hiv negative?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, to be most effective PEP should be continued for the full 28 course. Your tests at 1 week should not be used to decide when/if to stop PEP unless they are positive (e.g. you tested positive for HIV). take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Cure Chlamydia?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes Hard?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.