Oct 30, 2013
Hi Dr am on pep it's now a week is ok for me to stop pep medication if I test hiv negative?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, to be most effective PEP should be continued for the full 28 course. Your tests at 1 week should not be used to decide when/if to stop PEP unless they are positive (e.g. you tested positive for HIV). take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- What Percentage Of People Have Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Worst Hpv Type?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.