Oct 30, 2013
Hi Dr am on pep it's now a week is ok for me to stop pep medication if I test hiv negative?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, to be most effective PEP should be continued for the full 28 course. Your tests at 1 week should not be used to decide when/if to stop PEP unless they are positive (e.g. you tested positive for HIV). take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Thrush To Start Affecting Organs?
- Does Aids Have Visible Symptoms?
- What Do Hiv Headaches Feel Like?
- What Is The Difference Between Being Hiv Positive And Having Aids?
- Do You Need To Get Another Hep B Vaccinations If You Have Had It Before?
- Can Herpes Or Hiv Be Transmitted By Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.