Oct 30, 2013
Hi Dr am on pep it's now a week is ok for me to stop pep medication if I test hiv negative?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, to be most effective PEP should be continued for the full 28 course. Your tests at 1 week should not be used to decide when/if to stop PEP unless they are positive (e.g. you tested positive for HIV). take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood Work That May Indicate Hiv
- If You Have A White Hairy Tongue Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- Mononucleosis Tests Can They Detect Hiv In My Blood
- Negative Hiv Result Then Testing Positive Risk
- Can A Painful Lump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv?
- Getting Hiv And Herpes 2 While Wearing A Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.