Oct 30, 2013
Dear Doctor, Can serology test for other disease antibodies (such as rubella, measles, mumps...) detect HIV? Sincerely, Thank you.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there No, those tests would not detect HIV infection. To be sure you are not infected with HIV, you would need to get a test that looks for just that. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.