|Question about serology test
Oct 30, 2013
Dear Doctor, Can serology test for other disease antibodies (such as rubella, measles, mumps...) detect HIV? Sincerely, Thank you.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No, it has to be the HIV specific testing. The first test is looking for the antibodies that the body will develop when HIV is present and then there are confirmatory test. These are specific for HIV.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Serological Window
- HIV Test After Sex With A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.