The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question about serology test

Oct 30, 2013

Dear Doctor, Can serology test for other disease antibodies (such as rubella, measles, mumps...) detect HIV? Sincerely, Thank you.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi No, it has to be the HIV specific testing. The first test is looking for the antibodies that the body will develop when HIV is present and then there are confirmatory test. These are specific for HIV.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Can i Get hiv if the person has detectable viral load if im recieving oral sex?
Just a thanks

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint