non-sexual risk

Hi Erik, Hope you are doing well. I am from India and work in a college as a lecturer. Two weeks ago, two of my students who are of 16 years of age each, asked me a doubt in the subject which I teach them. In order to answer their question on the note book (book is already there on the table) I asked a pen from them and then one of the girl gave me her Pen taking straight from her mouth and I accidently put(kept) her Pen immediately in my mouth where I have bleeding wound. Before solving/answering their question on the book I had to think for some time and during that time I kept her pen in my mouth where I have bleeding wound. The girl who gave her pen has a habit of always keeping her pen in mouth and biting. Do I get HIV through that Pen if she is HIV positive and her blood poured on the pen before she gave me. Really I am worrying a lot. Kindly give your advice at the earliest possible. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Glenn

The answer sounds like NO.

You'd need blood to go from her mouth and go just about immediately/directly into your mouth and into an open wound. All of that would need to happen. You're missing the directly part. You're also probably missing the part where there was blood in her mouth and on the pen.

Generally speaking, the mouth is not a good way to get or give HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

hiv transmission
too scared,,,requesting your feedback